As many of you already know, since moving to Portland, I’ve been blessed with quite the career change. I’ve gone from being an insurance agent and dog blogger/lover on the side to full time dog lover. I’m now working as a dog walker/pet sitter, something I’ve done in the past and loved.
So now that I’ve worked the job for several weeks, and gained a bit of perspective (and a few more opinions!) I thought I’d weigh in on what I’m loving dog-walking gear wise.
Here’s my roundup of dog-walking essentials:
1. I think these notepads are adorable! What pet-parent wouldn’t like to come home the the day’s full report on this bit of cuteness?
2. Currently, carrying my keys around is proving the be the most difficult thing. This wrist strap would solve that problem!
3. While the dogs I’m checking in on have leashes of their own, I prefer mine. It’s nice and soft, supple leather and is easy on the hands, even after a long day of walking.
4. I’ve said it before, but martingale collars are a beautiful thing. Several of my dogs wear them, and my arms and back thank their owners
5. Treat bags go hand in hand with dogs. Several of my dogs have their own diets so I just slip a few treats in the treat bag from any given household to use while we’re out and about.
6. I’ve already thought to myself several times that carrying a fanny pack (ahhh!) or small backpack seems the only solution to all the junk I’m hauling on each dog walk. This one’s almost cute enough to squeeze by, admittedly I’m still not sold.
7. Coupler dog leashes are amazing for double-dog households! No more leash tangling or dogs tying me up in knots! They’re tied together for the long haul, making my life a lot simpler.
8. Head Halti’s are a great and safe way for me to gain control over some of my rowdier dogs so I’ve got energy to walk the next one after that. It’s gentle and effective, and I love how adjustable it is!
9. Finally the ever-necessary poop-bag dispenser. I personally like this one because it clips on the end of my favorite leash and refills can be found everywhere (although we usually wait until Petco has a deal and then stock up)
So now I’m curious, what are YOUR dog walking essentials, and why?
*Please note, this post contains several affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of our amazon links, we receive a portion of commission. We thank you in advance for helping to keep SheSpeaksBark running