I’ve already done the round-up for Christmas gifts for your pooch. I even gave a sneak peek at one item that’s ranking high on my list….so now its time for the Dog Lovers Gift Guide 2012. Are you ready??
1. Automatic waterer: Great for the dog-lover in your life who could use an extra hand keeping fresh water on tap for all those panting mouths. (Like me!) I’m particularly loving this one from Amazon.
2. Dog Planter: These have been around for a few years, but I’ve always loved the quirkiness of them. What dog owner wouldn’t want one of these gracing their garden?
3. Dog Mug: I sorta have a thing for creature cups, and these dog mugs are so cute! Unsure how easy/comfortable they would be to hold, but the cuteness factor makes up for that 10 fold! Approximately twenty different breeds available from Fab.com
4. Dog Starter Kit: I’m a sucker for kits, and this one does not disappoint! How fun would it be to get this Dog Starter Kit for a friend who’s adopting their first pet this year? While this isn’t going to contain everything you need for a new pet, it sure gets the ball rolling…for $51 I think it’s a great value for everything that’s included.
5. The Big New Yorker Book of Dogs: Would make a gorgeous coffee table book/conversation starter for anyone who loves dogs. Released this week, it’s available on Amazon among many others.
6. Never Walk Alone: This cute T-shirt is great for guys and gals alike. Can’t beat the cute message either!
7. Eco-Me Flea Free kit: Again, here’s me with the kits. But this one’s awesome, and I can speak from personal experience because these are products we use on our dogs
8. Bark Box Subscription: Have you heard of Bark Box? They’ve been on my radar for awhile, but I have yet to bite the bullet and order one. Bark Box is a monthly subscription in which they send you (your dog) a box of treats/toys/ and general doggie goodness right to your doorstep. I’m only hesitant to sign up because I know I’ll love it, and we’re not looking to add another monthly bill into our budget right now. Terrible but true
9. A gift to keep on giving: For the dog lover in your life who truly has everything, why not consider making a donation in their name? I’m sure they’d love an honorary donation in their name to their favorite rescue organization. Need some suggestions? PCHS (My favorite shelter!), Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, Panda Paws, and HSUS are all great places to start!
Our boys will each have a wrapped gift under the tree, and they also share a stocking that I always stuff with a few new toys and some treats to make for a special day.
So I’d love to know how you celebrate the holidays with your pets. Do your furry companions receive gifts under the tree like ours? Do your dogs and cats get their own stocking? Leave me a comment and share how your family does things!