Pet poisoning is something that never used to cross my mind. But now, with all the pet treat & pet food recalls, it’s something I think about quite frequently. I’m guessing many of you do too. We’ve switched to completely US made treats which eliminates most of the risk, but it’s still scary to think about innocently feeding your pup a treat that makes him sick, or worse.
Poisoning can happen accidentally in other ways too: toxic cleaning chemicals & antifreeze both come to mind as well as the toxic molds that have been popping up in open bodies of water the last few years. So I think it’s good to know the signs and symptoms that our pets would display if they had been poisoned- to know what to watch for-just in case.
The Symptoms of Poisoning in Pets:
6. Excessive Salivation
If you believe your pet has been poisoned you must contact a veterinarian IMMEDIATELY. This information is not intended to replace the expertise and care of an animal care professional.
Some common pet poisons/toxins are:
This post is part of a series called ‘First Aid Essentials’ that I started after becoming certified in pet first aid and CPR last year.