Just a quick reminder if you’re looking for a last minute gift idea- don’t forget about PrideBites toys being a great option!
Bear and Scooter love the PrideBites toys & one of them is always on the bed! PrideBites has just expanded their offerings to include a huge line of items that you can customize to your hearts desire.
Use code: SHESPEAKSBARK for a 20% discount now!!
Bear and Scooter have both shared their Christmas Gift Guides already, so I decided that it should be my turn now! I thought I’d do another gift round up with all the Pet Lovers out there in mind. Similar to Bear & Scooter’s Guides, these are all things I’d love to receive as gifts, and a few things I already own and love. I hope they provide you a few good suggestions if you’re still looking to fulfill someones wish this year.
- Drinkwell Pagoda Fountain- I’ve included a drinking fountain on my wishlist before, but this one is bigger, better, and more beautiful than any before! I adore the Himalayan blue color and think the modern design fits well with home decor. Pets are more encouraged to stay hydrated by the sound of running water.
- Animal Paw Wax Seal Stamp- I don’t send a whole lot of snail mail anymore, but when I do, I want to make sure it’s extra special. I’m pretty sure this paw print wax seal stamp would bring a smile to anyone’s face who’s lucky enough to open a letter its sealed.
- Snow Valley Heroes Book- We’ve reviewed some of author Robert McCarty’s books before, and this is another great book from the Planet of the Dogs series that is written with children and pet lovers in mind. This lovely Christmas story will keep the entire family enchanted all holiday season. It’s the true story of how dogs saved Christmas.
- ‘I Just Want to Drink Beer…’ Sweatshirt- Because seriously, who doesn’t? Really no other explanation needed!
- Custom Pet Portrait Pillows- Seriously, these pillows are the epitome of awesome! Each one is custom made from photographs of your pets, and they’re absolutely to die for. I love the large eyed kitties in the photo above, and how adorable is an armful of pet pillows anyway?
Here’s a few additional ideas that we rounded up a few years ago- the post might be old, but the gift ideas are still great!
What is on your Christmas Wish List this year?
Just like we did last year, we’re doing a separate Christmas Gift Guide for big and small dogs again for 2014. We like to call them Bear and Scooter’s versions, since we’ve got a big and small dog right here in our home. Bear’s tastes have changed over the years! As a younger pup, he used to focus nearly exclusively on treats, food, and bones. He just wanted to eat! Now that he’s a senior boy though, he’s more into staying comfy and warm.
- Sleepypod Clickit Sport- This newest model of Sleepypod safety harness is the ultimate in pet travel safety. Bear finds it even more comfortable to wear than the Sleepypod Utility, and its much easier to hook up in the car for me as well.
- Petsafe Train ‘n Praise- We did a review of this product a few months back, and Bear is all about this thing! He gets excited when he sees me reach for the remote, and he loves to work in exchange for treats from the Train ‘n Praise.
- Zukes Pet Treats- Last we had checked in with Zuke’s they had a few cool flavors of dogs treats. Then all of the sudden it seems they exploded with options: jerky, skinny bakes, mini naturals, and lil’ links are all hits with Bear.
- Sealy Pet Bed- We certainly aren’t suffering from a shortage of dog beds in our home, yet the Sealy pet bed is often the one we find Bear using the most. He loves to curl up in the gentle
- Petnostics Kit- The Petnostics kit is a great way for us to keep track of Bear’s health at home, without taking too many trips to the vet. When we use a Petnostics kit, and get ‘healthy’ results, it gives us peace of mind that all’s well with Bear. It’s so easy to use, and works so well with our iPhones!
Here’s Bear’s list from last year, in case you’re looking for additional pet gift ideas. He’s still hoping that Santa might bring him that pretty orange pup tent and bike trailer he’s been pining over for years. Click through for Scooter’s 2014 Small Dog Gift Guide if you missed it.
Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, it’s full-on Christmas Season everywhere! Just like last year, we’ll be doing a separate Christmas Gift Guide for big and small dogs- Bear and Scooter’s versions. Our gift guides are typically composed of some of the boys’ favorite products we’ve discovered over the past year, as well as a few items on their personal puppy wishlists.
- Sleepypod Air- It’s true that Scooter already has a Sleepypod Mini that he loves and adores. It keeps him safe in the car and we love the peace of mind it provides us as pet parents. A Sleepypod Air though, would allow Scooter to travel safely and comfortably with me on planes, and it’s compatible with the Sleepypod Sidekick (bike rack) which is actually on my Christmas Wish List this year because my husband and I bike together a lot through Portland, and taking Scooter with us would be wonderful!
- Fruitables Pet Treats- We’ve tried our fair share of Fruitables pet treats around here, and they’re always winners in our house! The different types of treats they provide give us all the ‘ammo’ we need to train and reward our boys. Crunchy biscuits, chewy jerky treats, greek yogurt, and more. Scooter really enjoys the Watermelon flavored skinny mini’s the most right now. Shop Fruitables pet treats if you’re looking for a healthy treat option for your pets.
- Epica Pet Brush- We just discovered this product this year, and highly recommend it to all of our other Pom parents out there. This brush has been revolutionary in our at home grooming routine, and has greatly helped Scooter overcome his fear of the brush in just short of two months. This brush helps to gently de-tangle your pets coat, and pull out the undercoat without pain or discomfort.
- Winter Pet Coat - The Winter Pet Coats from PetParent are new but they’ve already got us drooling! They come in three great color schemes, and look so cozy and comfy. Scooter can wear pet coats during the cooler season and especially likes to wear them if it’s raining or snowing to keep his coat dry so it doesn’t get all frizzy. He’s got two great coats already, but this warm and puffy option has caught his eye!
- Wondercide Evolv- We went ‘all natural’ on our flea/tick prevention about three years ago and we’ve never looked back. The discovery of the Wondercide Evolv spray has made staying all natural simple, and effective! We just have to remember to spray our pups every few days with a gentle, non-toxic spray, and they smell lightly of cedar as all the creepy critters are repelled away.
Scooter actually ended up getting a few of the items from his gift list last year, and has been enjoying them fully- if you need more small dog gift ideas, be sure to check his 2013 list.
So that’s what has caught Scooter’s attention in the small-dog world as of late. What is on your pup’s wish list this year?